What about the blog?
We are retiring the blog as a separate way of communicating with members. Old news can still be be found at aacfallscreek.blogspot.com
Committee positions for 2023 - and a vacancy
At the AGM the 2022 committee members were re-elected unopposed
The next Committee Meeting elected your Club's Committee positions for 2023 as follows:
Chairperson - Justin Checcucci
Treasurer - Will Zacharin
Secretary & IT Support - Jenny Hughes
Lodge Supervisor - Tom Harrington
Assistant Lodge Supervisor - Hugh James
Booking Officer - Alan Long
Membership/Events Officer - Lynn Cameron
Communications Officer - vacant
Unfortunatey Tony Jordan has had to step down unexpectedly. We wish Tony all the best, but it means that the Communications Officer position is vacant.
We are looking for someone enthusiastic about communicating with members and reasonably comfortable with using technology such as Facebook and Instagram and writing short articles like this one. There is support for anything complicated. It's also a great opportunity to be involved in the overall management of the club.
If you think you might be able to help, you can find out more from our Secretary, Jenny or Chair, Justin
- Last Updated: 07 June 2023 07 June 2023
Reminder of return to normal health measures
If you are sick, be it Covid, Flu, Gastro or any other infectious disease, please consider the well-being of your fellow guests and restrict your movements in common areas such as the kitchen and dining areas. Consider wearing a mask if you are sick.
You are resonsible for your own care but you can request assistance from the lodge manager if you are too ill to cope. Masks and Rapid Antigen Test kits are available in the laundry or from the manager.
Our new White season COVID Safe Plan is based on not imposing restrictions that are not legally mandated. Special Covid cancellation provisions have also ended.
- Last Updated: 07 June 2023 07 June 2023
Booking system payment issue for some
This only affects people trying to pay for bookings while using a device with Trend Micro turned on. There is no security issue but you may not be able to make a payment.
We have been advised that the eway secure payment gateway used to pay for bookings may not work in some circumstances. Apparently the Trend Micro anti-virus software makes the payment page freeze. This problem is not something that the club or our booking system provider can fix. The payment screen is part of Eway, not the booking system. Eway are trying to find a work around but it looks like the problem lies with Trend Micro.
The booking system provider advises that if this happens to you, please
- Turn off Trend Micro for a few minutes while you make the payment
- If that works, please contact Trend Micro to tell them about the issue (the more complaints, the sooner it is likely to be fixed). You could also report it to Eway but that is less important
- Don't forget to turn Trend Micro back on
If necessary you can contact the Booking Officer to arrange alternative payment
- Last Updated: 05 June 2023 05 June 2023
New Proacct Contact Details
After many years of service, Jenny Noye has left Proacct. Many Members have had a great deal of correspondence with Jenny over the years and Jenny's service was always first class. The Committee would like to pass on our sincere thanks to Jenny for her commitment and excellent service to AAC Falls Creek matters over the years and we wish Jenny nothing but success in her future endeavours.
For any written correspondence, please note these details have also changed. The new postal address is PO Box 166 Heidelberg, VIC, 3084.
There are no changes to the phone number, which remains (03) 9880 9600.
- Last Updated: 07 May 2023 07 May 2023
Lost & Found Box
New for Season 2023 is a Drying Room Lost & Found Box, located directly under the entry stairs as you walk in the front door. If you've lost any items from the Drying Room like a pair of gloves, a beanie or those pesky socks that always seem to go missing, make sure you check the Lost & Found box.
A reminder, please don't leave things in the Drying Room after your stay. Please always take your possessions home with you, or if you have a Locker, put them in there. Anything found to be lying around the Drying Room for an extended period of time will be placed in the Lost & Found box, in order to keep the Drying Room as clutter free as possible.
- Last Updated: 07 May 2023 07 May 2023
Working Bee 2023
With the Road closure meaning nobody had been in the Lodge since the end of Ski Season 2022, this year's Working Bee was essential to get the Lodge looking spic n span for season 2023.
As well as the usual cleaning of rooms, kitchen, windows, ski room, and the replensihment of our firewood supply, a new BBQ was installed and the Spa equipment also had a complete once-over. A huge thanks to Jess our Lodge Manager for keeping the crew fed!
The Lodge is now ready for another Winter season and if promising recent snow falls are anything to go by, who knows we might even see some runs open for Opening Weekend. Fingers crossed for another awesome Ski Season this year!
Here's a short collection of some happy snaps from the working bee weekend, see if you can spot anyone you know!
- Last Updated: 07 May 2023 07 May 2023
Notice of 2023 Annual General Meeting
Notice is given that the 2023 Annual General Meeting of AAC Falls Creek Inc will be held:
DATE: Wednesday, 17 May, 2023
VENUE: via Zoom videoconference and at Royal Brighton Yacht Club (253 St. Kilda Street, Brighton)
TIME: 7:30 pm - Annual General Meeting to commence
RSVP by 14 May 2023 is essential
- Receive and adopt the minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting
- Business arising from the Minutes
- Receive and adopt the Committee's Reports
- Receive and adopt the Profit And Loss Account and Balance Sheet as at 31 December 2022
- Proposed New Annual Subscription & Levy for 2024
- Receive and adopt the Auditor's Report
- Appoint an Auditor for 2023
- Election of the Committee
- A.A.C. Business
- General Business
Preparation and conduct of the meeting
- The meeting will be kept as succinct as possible. We also need to make voting as uncomplicated as possible, while ensuring that it is done faithfully.
- You are strongly encouraged to send any questions to the Chairperson by the same date. There will be an opportunity to submit some questions on the night but questions with notice will be more manageable with the technology.
- Voting may be a bit laborious. Please be patient if votes need to be counted.
For Zoom attendees
- Please prepare in advance. Install Zoom on your computer, tablet or phone and use Zoom’s facilities to test that your audio and video are working. If you have a headset with microphone, please use it to reduce background noise.
- Please keep your mic muted during the meeting unless the chairman recognises you to speak. The chairman or his assistant may mute you if necessary. We prefer having all cameras active during the meeting but you may be asked to “mute” cameras if there are difficulties.
For in person attendees
- Please wait to be recognised by the chair before you speak. You will need to use a microphone so that you can be clearly heard by zoom attendees.
- Only financial full members aged 18 and over may participate in the meeting, This includes nominating candidates for election, standing for election, voting in elections or on motions at the meeting, assigning or receiving proxies and speaking at the meeting. For Proxies and Nomination forms to be valid, both nominator and nominee must be financial at the time of lodging. Attendees must be financial by close of business on Monday15th May. To be recognised as financial, any outstanding payments must be received in the club's bank account.
Election of committee members
The committee recommends that a total of 8 committee members be elected (3 executive members plus 5 ordinary committee members). At the committee meeting after the AGM, the committee elects members to specific positions. If a ballot is required, ballot papers will be sent to all who RSVP-ed. Completed ballot papers are to be to returned by 10pm AEST Sunday 14th May 2023. (If you RSVP after 11 May, you may not receive a ballot paper until 14 May and still need to return it by 10pm.) Results to be announced at the AGM or shortly thereafter.
If you are interested in serving on the committee, you can find out more by contacting the Chairperson or other committee members. Nomination forms are available from the link below and must be returned by 5pm AEST Sunday 7th May 2023. If a ballot is required, you will be advised by Monday 8th May and asked to submit a short candidate statement by Wednesday 10th May which will be included with ballot papers.
At the time of this notice, all current committee members are intending to stand again this year, however some are considering retiring in 2024. To ease the transition we would also like to hear from any members who have the time and skills to serve the club by joining the committee in 2024. Meetings are held approximately monthly by Zoom.
- Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting can be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2023/MinutesAGM2022.pdf
- Proxy Forms may be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2023/ProxyForm2023.pdf
- Nomination Forms may be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2023/NominationForm2023.pdf
- Financial reports (including Auditor's report) can be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2023/FinancialStatements.pdf
- Committee reports can be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2023/CommitteeReports.pdf
Jenny Hughes (Secretary)
C/- ProAcct Advisors & Accountants Pty Ltd
PO Box 166 Heidelberg Vic 3084
Phone: (03) 9880-9600
- Last Updated: 02 May 2023 02 May 2023
Opening of Bookings 2023
It's almost time to book your winter stays.
Despite some catastrophising in the media and socials, the landslide works are on schedule to have at least one lane open by March. We expect that there could be a traffic light control for a single lane over winter. This happens from time to time in other ski seasons and normally only causes moderate delays.
Members can now register their immediate family (spouse and children) in the booking system to make it easier to book them in, especially during the Family prioritry booking period from 8-14 March. See Registering Family Members in the booking system for more information.
There are no major changes in the booking system this year but here are some timely reminders of changes that have been made of the last few years
- The Eway secure online payment facility that is integrated with the online booking system the most secure way of paying for your bookings. Other payment methods are available but are not recommended
- The waitlisting and exclusive single occupancy trials continue unchanged
- Prompt payment for bookings is expected. The Booking Officer will cancel bookings not paid for in the appropriate time. This is within 7 days for normal bookings and 1 day for approved waitlist requests.
- Continental breakfasts will be provided on peak season Sundays, not cooked breakfasts
The Ski Lodge Details tab in the booking system and the Book tab on the club website cover most of the information you to make a booking and prepare for your stay. The email that is sent 7 days prior to your stay has important information about your stay, including the door code. Please check these resources to see if they answer your questions before contacting the booking officer.
- Last Updated: 03 May 2023 03 May 2023
- Hits: 480 480
Registering Family Members in the booking system
Immediate family of members can be booked in from 8 March instead of waiting for 15 Match when guest bookings open. Until now you have needed to communicate with the booking officer, through phone or email or notes in your online booking. You can now arrange for your non-member spouse and children to be registered in the system so that they will be recognised and given the Family booking priority. Having family members registered in the system will also make it quicker to book them in future as their details are remembered. To register a family member, please email the secretary with
- Member nominating them as family
- Relationship to the member
- First Name
- Preferred Name (optional)
- email address (optional, if not the same as the member's)
- Date of Birth
When making bookings you can still use the notes field to tell the booking officer about intentions to add famiy and guests when their bookings open.
- Last Updated: 26 January 2023 26 January 2023
End of special COVID provisions
Victoria's pandemic regulations have ended and the committee has also ended special Covid provisions at the Lodge. There are no mandatory requirements for members or guests who contract Covid or become close contacts. Special Covid cancellation provisions have also ended.
If you become ill while at the Lodge, please consider the well-being of your fellow guests and restrict your movements in common areas such as the kitchen and dining areas. Also consider wearing a mask if you are sick.
In Green Season the Lodge Managers are not always on the mountain, If you become seriously ill you will need to seek medical advice or call an ambulance.
In the unlikely even that pandemic regulations are reintroduced, the Club may need to alter Lodge operations again.
- Last Updated: 12 November 2022 12 November 2022