Last Update: 16 October 2021
(Recent changes highlighted)
The lodge will be closed until 1 December.
COVID Safe operations for summer are currently being reviewed and will be published when availalble. The Victorian "roadmap" will be an important consideration. Everyone* staying at the lodge will need to be fully vaccinated or have an official exemption.
(* initially 16 and over but will be reviewed)
The lodge is open but constrained by government restrictions regarding who can stay.
We can only accept bookings for a single household or intimate partners or single bubbles. The booking officer may request written confirmation of this.
See the table below for interstate restrictions.
The number of people we can have in the combined dining room, kitchen & mezzanine lounge is limited. The committee has decided to roster meal times rather than severely limit the number of people who can stay.
When there are more people booked into the lodge than are permitted in the combined dining room, kitchen & mezzanine lounge, you will be allocated a time slot for breakfast and dinner. Other times of the day are less likely to be crowded so we ask that you just avoid interacting with another booking, and observe capacity limits in common rooms. For more implications of not interacting, please read the summary of our COVID Safe Plan.
|Meal||Session 1||Session 2|
You must not use the kitchen, dining room or mezzanine lounge during a session that you are not allocated. If you don't want to stay in your room, remember that the games room & TV room will be open, and the spa in the evening.
You can express a preference to the booking officer but if too many people want the same session, he will have the final say. Getting to morning lessons and feeding children will be considerations. We understand that this constraint may be very inconvenient but it is the best way to allow as many members as possible to enjoy the lodge while the current restrictions are in place.
If you are coming at a time when rostering is in place, please keep to meals that can be easily and quickly prepared. If you are in the 2nd session for dinner, you will not have access to the kitchen during the early session.
Keep any eye on the Falls Creek resort website for up to date information.
The most important Covid Safe rules in the lodge are:
The most up-to-date information will be published here. Be sure to check for the latest information. Our full COVID Safe Plan is a rather bulky document that includes much material of little interest to most members and guests. A summary of our COVID Safe Plan has been published to more succinctly inform members and guests about how the lodge will operate. These documents have been revised to reflect latest clarifications and new advice. The table below summarises factors that may override the summary.
Key settings from 8 October
Please check current declarations at https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/victorian-travel-permit-system and https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/travel-updates.
Melbourne metropolitan and Victorian LGAs in lockdown: People from those LGAs are not permitted to travel to regional areas, including Falls Creek.
Interstate Red and Extreme Risk zones: People who have been there recently may not enter Victoria without a special permit and must isolate for at least 14 days.
Interstate Orange zones: People from these areas must have a COVID test and isolate until they receive a negative test. There are exceptions for residents of border-bubble LGAs.
|Lodge Capacity||Closed until 1 December|
|Rostering of meal times||Yes, if more than 10 in the lodge|
|Visitors||Not until restrictions ease|
|Bedrooms shared between bookings||Not until restrictions ease|
|Masks||Must be worn unless eating, drinking or otherwise exempt|
|COVID cleaning surcharge||Yes. Amount under review|
N/A in green season, but scleaning days may be blocked out after each stay
|Physical distancing||At least 1.5m from other bookings|
|Density||1 person per 4sqm in all common areas|
Travelling from interstate?
- QR code check-in is mandatory at the lodge and nearly everywhere on the mountain. This will be easiest if you install the Service Victoria app on your smart phone.
- You will need an entry permit for Victoria. If you are coming from a "Green" zone it is a formaility akin to checking-in in case they need to find you later.
However, some areas outside Victoria have been declared as Red Zones or Extreme Risk Zones. People who have been there are not permitted to enter Victoria without special permission. Some other areas have been declared Orange Zones. People from these areas must have a COVID test and isolateuntil they receive a negative test. Check the entry permit conditions carefully
- Check the border and quarantine rules for your state (and any states you will transit)
With February 1 just around the corner, it's time to reaquaint yourself with the Online Booking System and the Booking Conditions.
- For those who haven't used the online booking system, or need a refresher, you can find instructions here
- To view all booking related information on the AAC National website, please click here
- Please be reminded that only bookings for AACFC Members open on 1 February. Bookings for family of Members open on 8 March, while for other Guests it is 15 March. Bookings for Members of other AAC Lodges open on 1 March
- On any given night a Member can only be booked into one bed in their own name. Please use the comment section of a booking to advise the Booking Officer how many others you intend on booking for as well.
- In 2019, some Members were slow to pay for bookings. In some cases bookings were cancelled very late, having never been paid for
- As was the case in 2020, the Booking Officer will cancel bookings not paid for within 7 days for normal bookings and within 1 day for approved waitlist requests. Please pay for your bookings within these timeframes to avoid disappointment.
Update To Child Age Limit
- As advised in the 2021 Rates Summary, the age limit for Children is now extended to under 18 years of age. Any child under the age of 18 at the time of their stay will be charged 50% of the adult rate.
We Are a Non-Smoking Lodge
- Also advised in 2020, AAC Falls Creek is now non-smoking throughout, including the balcony.
The Club wishes everyone coming to Falls Creek this Winter a safe and enjoyable visit. Let's hope the snow comes to the southern hemisphere like the way it has in the northern hemisphere so far this year!
The Waitlist facility in the booking system allows members to register their interest in weekend or other non-standard bookings earlier than when bookings open 19 days prior to the start date.
To make it easier and fairer to make weekend and other non-standard bookings, procedures for the Waitlist facility in the booking system has been reviewed.
- Waitlist requests cannot be submitted until after 18 March.
- Each member will be allowed to submit up to 3 waitlist requests for the season. The booking officer will delete surplus requests.
- Use the comments field in the booking to express any priority between your bookings, eg if one is more important because it is for a special event.
- If a booking includes multiple members, it will count as a waitlist request for each individual member (eg if a couple who are members request a weekend, it counts as a waitlist request for each of them).
- Payment is due immediately when a waitlist request is approved.
- If your waitlist request cannot be met, you will be eligible to make another waitlist request.
- The booking officer will allocate waitlist bookings according to these criteria, in this order
- member priority rules (ie bookings with highest proportion of members take precedence)
- maximise lodge occupancy
- a fair go for all members (eg favour someone who has not had a waitlist granted over someone who has, some consideration of reasons cited in comments for specific dates requested)
- early date of submitting the request
For more information see the Waitlist Request booking policy
Trial of early approval of eligible waitlist bookings
On a trial basiss, eligible waitlist requests will be approved from 1 June, where eligible means
- only members, spouse and their children, and
- the preceding midweek is full, and
- the booking is paid for immediately on request from the booking officer.
The CBDWEB booking system was introduced in 2018 and members found it much simpler to use.
From 1 February make winter bookings online.
Summer bookings can be made online at any time.
There used to be special provisions If you were booking for June/July Victorian School Holidays, These no longer apply.
User Instructions will guide you through how to check occupancy and make a booking.
Normal booking rules apply and will be enforced by the Booking Officer, even if the online system does not enforce them.
A booking is not confirmed until payment is verified and you receive a confirmation email from the Booking Officer.
To book accommodation at AAC Falls Creek, please contact our booking agent:Alan Long
Phone: 0409 417 253 Mon-Fri 6pm-8:30pm
Post: 24 St James Rd Heidelberg 3084