Last Update: 15 Nov 2022
COVID restrictions have been lifted.
If you are sick, be it Covid, Flu, Gastro or any other infectious disease, please consider the well-being of your fellow guests and restrict your movements in common areas such as the kitchen and dining areas. Consider wearing a mask if you are sick.
If you become seriously ill while staying in the Lodge in Green Season, you will need to seek medical advice or call an ambulance. The Managers may not be present to assist you.
Our new Green season COVID Safe Plan is based on not imposing restrictions that are not legally mandated.
Due to the landslide near Bogong Village the committee has reluctantly decided to close the lodge.
There is an ongoing landslide near Bogong Village and the road between Falls Creek and Mt Beauty is closed. The only access into and out of Falls Creek is via Omeo in the South or Mitta Mitta in the North. Services in the resort are currently very limited because most staff cannot feasibly travel to work. In the event of a serious incident, Emergency Services may need to travel from Omeo which is about 2 hours away from Falls Creek. Authorities expect that single lane access will be restored in February or early March 2023. All events at Falls Creek up to 10 March have been cancelled. The Lodge is expected to reopen on March 1, 2023 pending the road reopening and Resort services becoming available. The committee will monitor the situation and if Village access and Services improve, the re-opening date will be reviewed. We hope we can welcome you back for a stunning Autumn at Falls Creek!
There has been increasing interest in Members being allowed to book a room for themselves without needing to share with another single. A singles booking policy must balance the needs of Members who do not wish to share a room with the demand for beds from other Members and the risk of diminished revenue to cover the Club's expenses.
A limited number of rooms will be made available for exclusive single use by singles: rooms 6, 7,8 and 11, but a maximum of 3 at a time. In quieter times or if there are vacancies close to the intended time of stay, the Booking Officer may allow additional bookings for exclusive single use. Exclusive use by a single is only available to a Member of AAC Falls Creek, for themself.
The fee to block out the room will be the same as the Member's fee (i.e. as if paying for 2 members).
Unfortunately the booking system does not have the facility to smoothly automate exclusive use bookings. The Booking Officer will enable the policy where the system cannot.
This arrangement will be trialled in 2022. Hopefully this will give some welcome flexibility to Members who come alone to the Lodge, without unduly restricting the number of people who can enjoy the Lodge at populat times
For full details and instructions on how to make exclusive single use bookings, see the Exclusive Single Use booking policy
The Waitlist facility in the booking system allows members to register their interest in weekend or other non-standard bookings earlier than when bookings open 19 days prior to the start date.
To make it easier and fairer to make weekend and other non-standard bookings, procedures for the Waitlist facility in the booking system has been reviewed.
- Waitlist requests cannot be submitted until after 18 March.
- Each member will be allowed to submit up to 3 waitlist requests for the season. The booking officer will delete surplus requests.
- Use the comments field in the booking to express any priority between your bookings, eg if one is more important because it is for a special event.
- If a booking includes multiple members, it will count as a waitlist request for each individual member (eg if a couple who are members request a weekend, it counts as a waitlist request for each of them).
- Payment is due immediately when a waitlist request is approved.
- If your waitlist request cannot be met, you will be eligible to make another waitlist request.
- The booking officer will allocate waitlist bookings according to these criteria, in this order
- member priority rules (ie bookings with highest proportion of members take precedence)
- maximise lodge occupancy
- a fair go for all members (eg favour someone who has not had a waitlist granted over someone who has, some consideration of reasons cited in comments for specific dates requested)
- early date of submitting the request
For more information see the Waitlist Request booking policy
Trial of early approval of eligible waitlist bookings
On a trial basiss, eligible waitlist requests will be approved from 1 June, where eligible means
- only members, spouse and their children, and
- the preceding midweek is full, and
- the booking is paid for immediately on request from the booking officer.
The CBDWEB booking system was introduced in 2018 and members found it much simpler to use.
From 1 February make winter bookings online.
Summer bookings can be made online at any time.
There used to be special provisions If you were booking for June/July Victorian School Holidays, These no longer apply.
User Instructions will guide you through how to check occupancy and make a booking.
Normal booking rules apply and will be enforced by the Booking Officer, even if the online system does not enforce them.
A booking is not confirmed until payment is verified and you receive a confirmation email from the Booking Officer.
To book accommodation at AAC Falls Creek, please contact our booking agent:Alan Long
Phone: 0409 417 253 Mon-Fri 6pm-8:30pm
Post: 24 St James Rd Heidelberg 3084