Status - Access
Last Update: 1 May 2023
The Road Has Re-Opened!
After much anticipation and some delays, the road between Falls Creek and Mt Beauty reopened on Monday April 24, 2023, with single lane access only. Major Roads Projects Victoria have released a list of Frequently Aked Questions about the road reopening, which can be accessed here.
As advised previously, the Lodge will reopen on June 1, 2023. There has not been anyone in the Lodge since the end of the 2022 Ski Season and there are a number of maintenance items to be addressed before we can have people back in the Lodge.
The Committee would like to thank all Members for their patience during this time and we look forward to seeing you back at the Lodge for Winter 2023!
Covid - no special requirements
Last Update: 30 April 2023
If you are sick, be it Covid, Flu, Gastro or any other infectious disease, please consider the well-being of your fellow guests and restrict your movements in common areas such as the kitchen and dining areas. Consider wearing a mask if you are sick.
You are resonsible for your own care but you can request assistance from the lodge manager if you are too ill to cope. The can also ask the manager for masks or Rapid Antigen Test kits.
Our new White season COVID Safe Plan is based on not imposing restrictions that are not legally mandated.
Online Booking System
The CBDWEB booking system was introduced in 2018 and members found it much simpler to use.
From 1 February make winter bookings online.
Go to the Online Booking System
Summer bookings can be made online at any time.
There used to be special provisions If you were booking for June/July Victorian School Holidays, These no longer apply.
User Instructions will guide you through how to check occupancy and make a booking.
Normal booking rules apply and will be enforced by the Booking Officer, even if the online system does not enforce them.
A booking is not confirmed until payment is verified and you receive a confirmation email from the Booking Officer.
To book accommodation at AAC Falls Creek, please contact our booking agent:Alan Long
Phone: 0409 417 253 Mon-Fri 6pm-8:30pm
Post: 24 St James Rd Heidelberg 3084
Singles booking rooms to themselves
There has been increasing interest in Members being allowed to book a room for themselves without needing to share with another single. A singles booking policy must balance the needs of Members who do not wish to share a room with the demand for beds from other Members and the risk of diminished revenue to cover the Club's expenses.
A limited number of rooms will be made available for exclusive single use by singles: rooms 6, 7,8 and 11, but a maximum of 3 at a time. In quieter times or if there are vacancies close to the intended time of stay, the Booking Officer may allow additional bookings for exclusive single use. Exclusive use by a single is only available to a Member of AAC Falls Creek, for themself.
The fee to block out the room will be the same as the Member's fee (i.e. as if paying for 2 members).
Unfortunately the booking system does not have the facility to smoothly automate exclusive use bookings. The Booking Officer will enable the policy where the system cannot.
This arrangement will be trialled in 2022. Hopefully this will give some welcome flexibility to Members who come alone to the Lodge, without unduly restricting the number of people who can enjoy the Lodge at populat times
For full details and instructions on how to make exclusive single use bookings, see the Exclusive Single Use booking policy
Waitlist Procedure (Summary)
The Waitlist facility in the booking system allows members to register their interest in weekend or other non-standard bookings earlier than when bookings open 19 days prior to the start date.
To make it easier and fairer to make weekend and other non-standard bookings, procedures for the Waitlist facility in the booking system has been reviewed.
- Waitlist requests cannot be submitted until after 18 March.
- Each member will be allowed to submit up to 3 waitlist requests for the season. The booking officer will delete surplus requests.
- Use the comments field in the booking to express any priority between your bookings, eg if one is more important because it is for a special event.
- If a booking includes multiple members, it will count as a waitlist request for each individual member (eg if a couple who are members request a weekend, it counts as a waitlist request for each of them).
- Payment is due immediately when a waitlist request is approved.
- If your waitlist request cannot be met, you will be eligible to make another waitlist request.
- The booking officer will allocate waitlist bookings according to these criteria, in this order
- member priority rules (ie bookings with highest proportion of members take precedence)
- maximise lodge occupancy
- a fair go for all members (eg favour someone who has not had a waitlist granted over someone who has, some consideration of reasons cited in comments for specific dates requested)
- early date of submitting the request
For more information see the Waitlist Request booking policy
Trial of early approval of eligible waitlist bookings
On a trial basiss, eligible waitlist requests will be approved from 1 June, where eligible means
- only members, spouse and their children, and
- the preceding midweek is full, and
- the booking is paid for immediately on request from the booking officer.
AAC Booking Information is now easy to read online
or download a printable document
AAC Booking information sheet(pdf)
(best printed double sided with flip on short side)
Online Booking System Instructions (pdf)