Last Update: 27 November 2021
(Recent changes highlighted)
The lodge will reopen on 1 December. You can make bookings now.
Victoria has now entered Phase D of the COVID roadmap. Everyone* staying at the lodge will need to provide the booking officer with proof of full vaccination or an official exemption.
Details of government requirements for shared accommodation are not yet completely clear. COVID Safe operations for summer at the lodge will continue to be refined.
(* aged 12 years & 2 months or over at time of stay)
While current cleaning requirements are in force
- The manager will clean the lodge at the end of your stay. You should still wipe down surfaces in your bedroom.
- A day will be blocked out for new bookings to allow for end of stay cleaning. In summer our managers have other jobs and cleaning needs to fit in..
- A surcharge will be applied when there are concurrent bookings to cover twice daily touch point cleaning. This will be apportioned on a per bed per night basis
The most important Covid Safe rules in the lodge are:
Keep any eye on the Falls Creek resort website for up to date information about the resort.
The most up-to-date information will be published here. Be sure to check for the latest information. Our full COVID Safe Plan is a rather bulky document that includes much material of little interest to most members and guests. A summary of our COVID Safe Plan more succinctly informs members and guests about how the lodge will operate. These documents are being revised to reflect latest clarifications and new advice. The table below summarises factors that may override the summary.
Key settings from 1 December
|Restictions on who may stay||
|Vaccination Threshold Age||12 years and 2 months|
|Rostering of meal times||Not required|
Bedrooms shared between
To be confirmed
|Masks||Should be carried in case required|
|COVID cleaning surcharge||
Travelling from interstate?
- QR code check-in is mandatory at the lodge and nearly everywhere on the mountain. This will be easiest if you install the Service Victoria app on your smart phone.
- Familiarise yourself with any restrictions in force in Victoria.
- Since 25 November travel permits to enter Victoria are not required. We suggest you check Victorian entry permits that conditions that have not changed before you travel.
- Check the border and quarantine rules for your state (and any states you will transit)
AAC Falls Creek and bikes
When the snow melts, this fantastic ski lodge becomes the perfect base for your bike holiday.
- secure indoor bike storage for MTB and road bikes
- all bedrooms with ensuites - doubles, twins, family or bunk rooms
- huge communal kitchen with commercial fridge and dishwasher
- balcony with barbecue
- large lounge/dining room with spectacular view of the summit
- games room with big screen, pool table, foozball
- located next to the village bowl
- easy roll down to Flowtown, Falls Creek's most popular MTB trail
- close to the family friendly aqueduct access trail that leads to green beginner MTB trails and the undulating Bogong High Plains road
- special package for Peaks Challenge weekend
When the mountains are carpeted with wild flowers instead of snow, the alps offer new means of adventure, relaxation and fun. It's typically 10°C cooler at Falls Creek than the valleys and plains below, and much greener.
AAC Falls Creek is your base for summer in the mountains
The lodge is available for members and summer associates to enjoy in summer. Bring a crowd and stay very affordably in this beautiful lodge. It's only $43* per person per night but a minimum charge does apply.
If you are not a member, it's easy to join as a summer associate and bring your family, friends or sporting group for a great stay in the mountains.
Bushwalkers, mountain bikers, photographers, rowers, road cyclists, motorcyclists, artists, runners, tri-athletes - what ever your obsession, AAC Falls Creek can provide a comfortable base for a fantastic alpine experience
*2019 summer price for guests, members $31.
A friendly club
...in an ideal location
...with great facilities
Your Winter Home in the Mountains
Australian Alpine Club Falls Creek is for families, couples and singles who love snowsports and enjoy the companionship of other snow lovers.
If you love Falls Creek and dream of having a place to stay in the village, then this could be the opportunity you've been waiting for. Memberships are sometimes available for this vibrant club.
- close to Eagle & Summit chairlifts
- family friendly
- great atmosphere
- ensuites in all rooms
- spa & sauna
- renovated lodge with very long lease
- reciprocal rights at other resorts