Last Update: 13 June 2021
The lodge is open but very constrained by government restrictions regarding who can stay.
The limit on the capacity of the lodge is the same as the Victorian government's cap on private gatherings.
This is currently a single household (or intimate partner or single bubble) plus 2 adults and their dependents.
Hopefully by 18 June Melbourne based members and guests will be permitted to travel to the lodge. We are still not permitted to take new bookings from Melbourne people. We are allowing Melbourne members to express interest in future booking times using the normal tentative booking request process. No bookings from Melbourne members can be confirmed at this time.
If there are more bookings than permitted by the restrictions, the booking officer will have discretion to determine which eligible bookings can use the lodge.
Our full COVID Safe Plan has been revised to ensure that it still complies with recent govermnet advice. This is a rather bulky document that includes much material of little interest to most members and guests. A summary of our COVID Safe Plan has been published to more succinctly inform members and guests about how the lodge will operate. This summary is still under revision but that should be complete shortly. The table below summarises factors that may override the summary.
The most up-to-date information will be published here. Be sure to check for the latest information.
|Hotspots||No Melbourne residents or people who have visited Melbourne recently|
|Lodge Capacity||One household plus 2 adults and their dependents|
|Visitors||Not allowed until capacity permits|
|Bedrooms shared between bookings||Not until restrictions ease|
|Masks||Must be worn indoors unless eating, drinking or otherwise exempt|
|COVID cleaning surcharge||$5 per person per night|
|Sunday blockout||Expected to commence on Sunday 4 July but may be dealyed if private gathering cap remains low|
|Physical distancing||At least 1.5m where feasible|
|Density||1 person per 2sqm in all common areas|
Travelling from interstate?
- QR code check in is mandatory at the lodge and nearly everywhere on the mountain. This will be easiest if you install the Service Victoria app on your smart phone
- You will need an entry permit fror Victoria. Unless you are coming from a hotspot, it is a formaility akin to checking in in case they need to find you later
- Check the border and quarantine rules for your state (and any sttes you will transit)
AAC Falls Creek and bikes
When the snow melts, this fantastic ski lodge becomes the perfect base for your bike holiday.
- secure indoor bike storage for MTB and road bikes
- all bedrooms with ensuites - doubles, twins, family or bunk rooms
- huge communal kitchen with commercial fridge and dishwasher
- balcony with barbecue
- large lounge/dining room with spectacular view of the summit
- games room with big screen, pool table, foozball
- located next to the village bowl
- easy roll down to Flowtown, Falls Creek's most popular MTB trail
- close to the family friendly aqueduct access trail that leads to green beginner MTB trails and the undulating Bogong High Plains road
- special package for Peaks Challenge weekend
When the mountains are carpeted with wild flowers instead of snow, the alps offer new means of adventure, relaxation and fun. It's typically 10°C cooler at Falls Creek than the valleys and plains below, and much greener.
AAC Falls Creek is your base for summer in the mountains
The lodge is available for members and summer associates to enjoy in summer. Bring a crowd and stay very affordably in this beautiful lodge. It's only $43* per person per night but a minimum charge does apply.
If you are not a member, it's easy to join as a summer associate and bring your family, friends or sporting group for a great stay in the mountains.
Bushwalkers, mountain bikers, photographers, rowers, road cyclists, motorcyclists, artists, runners, tri-athletes - what ever your obsession, AAC Falls Creek can provide a comfortable base for a fantastic alpine experience
*2019 summer price for guests, members $31.
A friendly club
...in an ideal location
...with great facilities
Your Winter Home in the Mountains
Australian Alpine Club Falls Creek is for families, couples and singles who love snowsports and enjoy the companionship of other snow lovers.
If you love Falls Creek and dream of having a place to stay in the village, then this could be the opportunity you've been waiting for. Memberships are sometimes available for this vibrant club.
- close to Eagle & Summit chairlifts
- family friendly
- great atmosphere
- ensuites in all rooms
- spa & sauna
- renovated lodge with very long lease
- reciprocal rights at other resorts