Most of you will have read that Vail Resorts have decided to close all lift operations at Falls Creek until August 19 due to Victorian Government Covid 19 restrictions.
It is with regret that we will now close the lodge until that date. When we are closer to that date we will be able to reassess whether we reopen the lodge or not for the remainder of the season. There is a good chance the lifts will not reopen but of course in these times anything can happen.
This is particularly disappointing for the committee as we had put so much work into preparing the lodge for the opening on July 6. In particular I would like to thanks John Burnett and Jenny Hughes who spent long hours and days producing a Covid 19 plan for the operation of the lodge. It was presented to Falls Creek Resort Management for review at which CEO Stuart Smyth remarked on its professionalism and detail. The photos below show some of the signage and preparation that was made.
Until we get closer to August 19 and we talk again, I wish that you and your families stay safe under Covid 19 restrictions.
AAC Falls Creek and bikes
When the snow melts, this fantastic ski lodge becomes the perfect base for your bike holiday.
- secure indoor bike storage for MTB and road bikes
- all bedrooms with ensuites - doubles, twins, family or bunk rooms
- huge communal kitchen with commercial fridge and dishwasher
- balcony with barbecue
- large lounge/dining room with spectacular view of the summit
- games room with big screen, pool table, foozball
- located next to the village bowl
- easy roll down to Flowtown, Falls Creek's most popular MTB trail
- close to the family friendly aqueduct access trail that leads to green beginner MTB trails and the undulating Bogong High Plains road
- special package for Peaks Challenge weekend
When the mountains are carpeted with wild flowers instead of snow, the alps offer new means of adventure, relaxation and fun. It's typically 10°C cooler at Falls Creek than the valleys and plains below, and much greener.
AAC Falls Creek is your base for summer in the mountains
The lodge is available for members and summer associates to enjoy in summer. Bring a crowd and stay very affordably in this beautiful lodge. It's only $43* per person per night but a minimum charge does apply.
If you are not a member, it's easy to join as a summer associate and bring your family, friends or sporting group for a great stay in the mountains.
Bushwalkers, mountain bikers, photographers, rowers, road cyclists, motorcyclists, artists, runners, tri-athletes - what ever your obsession, AAC Falls Creek can provide a comfortable base for a fantastic alpine experience
*2019 summer price for guests, members $31.
A friendly club
...in an ideal location
...with great facilities
Your Winter Home in the Mountains
Australian Alpine Club Falls Creek is for families, couples and singles who love snowsports and enjoy the companionship of other snow lovers.
If you love Falls Creek and dream of having a place to stay in the village, then this could be the opportunity you've been waiting for. Memberships are sometimes available for this vibrant club.
- close to Eagle & Summit chairlifts
- family friendly
- great atmosphere
- ensuites in all rooms
- spa & sauna
- renovated lodge with very long lease
- reciprocal rights at other resorts