The lodge will reopen from 13 June under very different conditions.
The committee are finalising the Covid lodge management plan and preparing the lodge for this unusual season.
Updates are being emailed to members and are also on the News page.
Be aware that the booking system has not been updated to reflect the new conditions. You can however use it to book a stay and the booking officer will adjust your actual booking.
Information on this website may also not have been updated to reflect covid conditions., eg the spa is closed and there are no communal supplies.
Only Monday to Sunday bookings are being taken and there are strict conditions.
Please think very carefully about whether you, your family and guests are willing to accept these risks and conditions. Please refrain from booking if you are not confident that you can enjoy your stay under these circumstances.
The Waitlist facility in the booking system allows members to register their interest in weekend or other non-standard bookings earlier than when bookings open 19 days prior to the start date.
To make it easier and fairer to make weekend and other non-standard bookings, procedures for the Waitlist facility in the booking system has been reviewed.
- Waitlist requests cannot be submitted until after 18 March. [unable to be implemented because of technical limitations. For 2019, any requests prior to 18 March will be counted as being submitted on 18 March]
- Each member will be allowed to submit up to 3 waitlist requests for the season. The booking officer will delete surplus requests.
- Use the comments field in the booking to express any priority between your bookings, eg if one is more important because it is for a special event.
- If a booking includes multiple members, it will count as a waitlist request for each individual member (eg if a couple who are members request a weekend, it counts as a waitlist request for each of them).
- Payment is due immediately when a waitlist request is approved.
- If your waitlist request cannot be met, you will be eligible to make another waitlist request.
- The booking officer will allocate waitlist bookings according to these criteria, in this order
- member priority rules (ie bookings with highest proportion of members take precedence)
- maximise lodge occupancy
- a fair go for all members (eg favour someone who has not had a waitlist granted over someone who has, some consideration of reasons cited in comments for specific dates requested)
- early date of submitting the request
For more information see the Waitlist Request booking policy
The CBDWEB booking system was introduced in 2018 and members found it much simpler to use. Please try it to check lodge availability and make bookings.
From 1 February make winter bookings online.
Summer bookings can be made online at any time.
If you are booking for June/July Victorian School Holidays, there are special provisions in the online booking system. Booking requests will be accepted until 15 March without reserving any beds. The Booking Officer will then allocate beds in accordance with AAC priority policy and advise members of whether they have been sucessful. Read that section of the user instructions carefully.
User Instructions will guide you through how to check occupancy and make a booking.
Normal booking rules apply and will be enforced by the Booking Officer, even if the online system does not enforce them.
A booking is not confirmed until payment is verified and you receive a confirmation email from the Booking Officer.
To book accommodation at AAC Falls Creek, please contact our booking agent:Alan Long
Phone: 0409 417 253 Mon-Fri 6pm-8:30pm
Post: 24 St James Rd Heidelberg 3084