Last Update:5 August 2021
(Updated daily if required. Today's changes highlighted)
Victoria is sadly once again in lockdown from 8pm Thursday 5th August.
The lodge will be closed to new arrivals. This post will be updated when we know more about reopening.
Streamlined Sunday conditions mean that people can arrive on Sundays but
- No admittance to lodge before 4pm Sunday
- Must depart lodge by 10am on Sunday
- Continental breakfast only on Sunday.
The lodge is open but constrained by government restrictions regarding who can stay.
We can only accept bookings for a single household or intimate partners or single bubbles. The booking officer may request written confirmation of this.
Anyone aged 12 or over will not be allowed to enter the resort unless they have had a COVID test within 72 hours prior to entering the resort and received a negative result. If the only reason you are having this test is to come to the resort, you do not have to isolate while you wait for a result. (Be aware that some workplaces may have their own rules in place which do require isolation.)
See the table below for interstate restrictions.
The number of people we can have in the combined dining room, kitchen & mezzanine lounge is limited. The committee has decided to roster meal times rather than severely limit the number of people who can stay.
When there are more people booked into the lodge than are permitted in the combined dining room, kitchen & mezzanine lounge, you will be allocated a time slot for breakfast and dinner. Other times of the day are less likely to be crowded so we ask that you just avoid interacting with another booking, and observe capacity limits in common rooms. For more implications of not interacting, please read the summary of our COVID Safe Plan.
|Meal||Session 1||Session 2|
You must not use the kitchen, dining room or mezzanine lounge during a session that you are not allocated. If you don't want to stay in your room, remember that the games room & TV room will be open, and the spa in the evening.
You can express a preference to the booking officer but if too many people want the same session, he will have the final say. Getting to morning lessons and feeding children will be considerations. We understand that this constraint may be very inconvenient but it is the best way to allow as many members as possible to enjoy the lodge while the current restrictions are in place.
If you are coming at a time when rostering is in place, please keep to meals that can be easily and quickly prepared. If you are in the 2nd session for dinner, you will not have access to the kitchen during the early session.
Resort Management requires you to purchase resort entry permits and oversnow tickets online. Keep any eye on the Falls Creek resort website for up to date information. Resort entry season pass holders must still register their visits but need not print out the permit.
The most important Covid Safe rules in the lodge are:
The most up-to-date information will be published here. Be sure to check for the latest information. Our full COVID Safe Plan is a rather bulky document that includes much material of little interest to most members and guests. A summary of our COVID Safe Plan has been published to more succinctly inform members and guests about how the lodge will operate. These documents have been revised to reflect latest clarifications and new advice. The table below summarises factors that may override the summary.
Key settings from 1 August
We try to keep this up to date but please double-check current declarations at https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/victorian-travel-permit-system and https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/travel-updates.
Anyone aged 12 or over will not be allowed to enter the resort unless they have had a COVID test within 72 hours prior to entering the resort and received a negative result. If the only reason you are having this test is to come to the resort, you do not have to isolate while you wait for a result. (Some workplaces may have their own rules in place which do require isolation.)
Red and Extreme Risk zones: NSW, ACT and South East QLD. People who have been there recently may not enter Victoria. NSW border bubble people are not currently allowed to travel to alpine resorts.
Orange zones: SA. People from these areas will not be NSW permitted NSW to enter the resort until they have had a COVID test in Victoria and isolated until they receive a negative test.
|Rostering of meal times||Yes|
|Visitors||Not until restrictions ease|
|Bedrooms shared between bookings||Not until restrictions ease|
|Masks||Must be worn unless eating, drinking or otherwise exempt|
|COVID cleaning surcharge||$5 per person per night|
No admittance to lodge before 4pm. Must depart lodge by 10am. Continental breakfast only
|Physical distancing||At least 1.5m from other bookings|
|Density||1 person per 4sqm in all common areas|
Travelling from interstate?
- QR code check-in is mandatory at the lodge and nearly everywhere on the mountain. This will be easiest if you install the Service Victoria app on your smart phone.
- You will need an entry permit for Victoria. Unless you are coming from a hotspot, it is a formaility akin to checking-in in case they need to find you later. While a negative test is mandatory to enter the resort, people from Green zones can have that test in their own state providing that it is within 72 hours of arrival at the resort.
However, some areas outside Victoria have been declared as Red Zones or Extreme Risk Zones. People who have been there are not permitted to enter Victoria. Some other areas have been declared Orange Zones. People from these areas will not be permited to enter the resort until they have had a COVID test in Victoria and isolated until they receive a negative test. Check the entry permit conditions carefully
- Check the border and quarantine rules for your state (and any states you will transit)
With February 1 just around the corner, it's time to reaquaint yourself with the Online Booking System and the Booking Conditions.
- For those who haven't used the online booking system, or need a refresher, you can find instructions here
- To view all booking related information on the AAC National website, please click here
- Please be reminded that only bookings for AACFC Members open on 1 February. Bookings for family of Members open on 8 March, while for other Guests it is 15 March. Bookings for Members of other AAC Lodges open on 1 March
- On any given night a Member can only be booked into one bed in their own name. Please use the comment section of a booking to advise the Booking Officer how many others you intend on booking for as well.
- In 2019, some Members were slow to pay for bookings. In some cases bookings were cancelled very late, having never been paid for
- As was the case in 2020, the Booking Officer will cancel bookings not paid for within 7 days for normal bookings and within 1 day for approved waitlist requests. Please pay for your bookings within these timeframes to avoid disappointment.
Update To Child Age Limit
- As advised in the 2021 Rates Summary, the age limit for Children is now extended to under 18 years of age. Any child under the age of 18 at the time of their stay will be charged 50% of the adult rate.
We Are a Non-Smoking Lodge
- Also advised in 2020, AAC Falls Creek is now non-smoking throughout, including the balcony.
The Club wishes everyone coming to Falls Creek this Winter a safe and enjoyable visit. Let's hope the snow comes to the southern hemisphere like the way it has in the northern hemisphere so far this year!
The Waitlist facility in the booking system allows members to register their interest in weekend or other non-standard bookings earlier than when bookings open 19 days prior to the start date.
To make it easier and fairer to make weekend and other non-standard bookings, procedures for the Waitlist facility in the booking system has been reviewed.
- Waitlist requests cannot be submitted until after 18 March.
- Each member will be allowed to submit up to 3 waitlist requests for the season. The booking officer will delete surplus requests.
- Use the comments field in the booking to express any priority between your bookings, eg if one is more important because it is for a special event.
- If a booking includes multiple members, it will count as a waitlist request for each individual member (eg if a couple who are members request a weekend, it counts as a waitlist request for each of them).
- Payment is due immediately when a waitlist request is approved.
- If your waitlist request cannot be met, you will be eligible to make another waitlist request.
- The booking officer will allocate waitlist bookings according to these criteria, in this order
- member priority rules (ie bookings with highest proportion of members take precedence)
- maximise lodge occupancy
- a fair go for all members (eg favour someone who has not had a waitlist granted over someone who has, some consideration of reasons cited in comments for specific dates requested)
- early date of submitting the request
For more information see the Waitlist Request booking policy
Trial of early approval of eligible waitlist bookings
On a trial basiss, eligible waitlist requests will be approved from 1 June, where eligible means
- only members, spouse and their children, and
- the preceding midweek is full, and
- the booking is paid for immediately on request from the booking officer.
The CBDWEB booking system was introduced in 2018 and members found it much simpler to use.
From 1 February make winter bookings online.
Summer bookings can be made online at any time.
There used to be special provisions If you were booking for June/July Victorian School Holidays, These no longer apply.
User Instructions will guide you through how to check occupancy and make a booking.
Normal booking rules apply and will be enforced by the Booking Officer, even if the online system does not enforce them.
A booking is not confirmed until payment is verified and you receive a confirmation email from the Booking Officer.
To book accommodation at AAC Falls Creek, please contact our booking agent:Alan Long
Phone: 0409 417 253 Mon-Fri 6pm-8:30pm
Post: 24 St James Rd Heidelberg 3084