With February 1 just around the corner, it's time to reaquaint yourself with the Online Booking System and the Booking Conditions.
- For those who haven't used the online booking system, or need a refresher, you can find instructions here
- To view all booking related information on the AAC National website, please click here
- Please be reminded that only bookings for AACFC Members open on 1 February. Bookings for family of Members open on 8 March, while for other Guests it is 15 March. Bookings for Members of other AAC Lodges open on 1 March
- On any given night a Member can only be booked into one bed in their own name. Please use the comment section of a booking to advise the Booking Officer how many others you intend on booking for as well.
- In 2019, some Members were slow to pay for bookings. In some cases bookings were cancelled very late, having never been paid for
- As was the case in 2020, the Booking Officer will cancel bookings not paid for within 7 days for normal bookings and within 1 day for approved waitlist requests. Please pay for your bookings within these timeframes to avoid disappointment.
Update To Child Age Limit
- As advised in the 2021 Rates Summary, the age limit for Children is now extended to under 18 years of age. Any child under the age of 18 at the time of their stay will be charged 50% of the adult rate.
We Are a Non-Smoking Lodge
- Also advised in 2020, AAC Falls Creek is now non-smoking throughout, including the balcony.
The Club wishes everyone coming to Falls Creek this Winter a safe and enjoyable visit. Let's hope the snow comes to the southern hemisphere like the way it has in the northern hemisphere so far this year!
The Lodge is now open for Green (Summer) season!
There are strict conditions in place still. If you would like to book, please contact the Booking Officer. You will not be able to make a green season booking through the online system, but you can use it to manage a booking once made.
The Lodge has a COVID Safe Operating Plan. Everyone staying in the Lodge must comply with it. There is a summary of the most important aspects for people staying at the Lodge. You need to read and understand how the plan will affect you.
AACFC COVID-19 documents
What about Ski Season?
Bookings for ski season will open for members as usual on 1 February, using the online booking system. A new COVID Safe Operating Plan will be created for ski season, but not until we can be more confident about government regulations likely to be place at the time. If your booking has to be cancelled because of COVID restrictions, you will receive a full credit.
The Waitlist facility in the booking system allows members to register their interest in weekend or other non-standard bookings earlier than when bookings open 19 days prior to the start date.
To make it easier and fairer to make weekend and other non-standard bookings, procedures for the Waitlist facility in the booking system has been reviewed.
- Waitlist requests cannot be submitted until after 18 March.
- Each member will be allowed to submit up to 3 waitlist requests for the season. The booking officer will delete surplus requests.
- Use the comments field in the booking to express any priority between your bookings, eg if one is more important because it is for a special event.
- If a booking includes multiple members, it will count as a waitlist request for each individual member (eg if a couple who are members request a weekend, it counts as a waitlist request for each of them).
- Payment is due immediately when a waitlist request is approved.
- If your waitlist request cannot be met, you will be eligible to make another waitlist request.
- The booking officer will allocate waitlist bookings according to these criteria, in this order
- member priority rules (ie bookings with highest proportion of members take precedence)
- maximise lodge occupancy
- a fair go for all members (eg favour someone who has not had a waitlist granted over someone who has, some consideration of reasons cited in comments for specific dates requested)
- early date of submitting the request
For more information see the Waitlist Request booking policy
Trial of early approval of eligible waitlist bookings
On a trial basiss, eligible waitlist requests will be approved from 1 June, where eligible means
- only members, spouse and their children, and
- the preceding midweek is full, and
- the booking is paid for immediately on request from the booking officer.
The CBDWEB booking system was introduced in 2018 and members found it much simpler to use.
From 1 February make winter bookings online.
Summer bookings can be made online at any time.
There used to be special provisions If you were booking for June/July Victorian School Holidays, These no longer apply.
User Instructions will guide you through how to check occupancy and make a booking.
Normal booking rules apply and will be enforced by the Booking Officer, even if the online system does not enforce them.
A booking is not confirmed until payment is verified and you receive a confirmation email from the Booking Officer.
To book accommodation at AAC Falls Creek, please contact our booking agent:Alan Long
Phone: 0409 417 253 Mon-Fri 6pm-8:30pm
Post: 24 St James Rd Heidelberg 3084