Notice is given that the 2023 Annual General Meeting of AAC Falls Creek Inc will be held:
DATE: Wednesday, 17 May, 2023
VENUE: via Zoom videoconference and at Royal Brighton Yacht Club (253 St. Kilda Street, Brighton)
TIME: 7:30 pm - Annual General Meeting to commence
RSVP by 14 May 2023 is essential
- Receive and adopt the minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting
- Business arising from the Minutes
- Receive and adopt the Committee's Reports
- Receive and adopt the Profit And Loss Account and Balance Sheet as at 31 December 2022
- Proposed New Annual Subscription & Levy for 2024
- Receive and adopt the Auditor's Report
- Appoint an Auditor for 2023
- Election of the Committee
- A.A.C. Business
- General Business
Preparation and conduct of the meeting
- The meeting will be kept as succinct as possible. We also need to make voting as uncomplicated as possible, while ensuring that it is done faithfully.
- You are strongly encouraged to send any questions to the Chairperson by the same date. There will be an opportunity to submit some questions on the night but questions with notice will be more manageable with the technology.
- Voting may be a bit laborious. Please be patient if votes need to be counted.
For Zoom attendees
- Please prepare in advance. Install Zoom on your computer, tablet or phone and use Zoom’s facilities to test that your audio and video are working. If you have a headset with microphone, please use it to reduce background noise.
- Please keep your mic muted during the meeting unless the chairman recognises you to speak. The chairman or his assistant may mute you if necessary. We prefer having all cameras active during the meeting but you may be asked to “mute” cameras if there are difficulties.
For in person attendees
- Please wait to be recognised by the chair before you speak. You will need to use a microphone so that you can be clearly heard by zoom attendees.
- Only financial full members aged 18 and over may participate in the meeting, This includes nominating candidates for election, standing for election, voting in elections or on motions at the meeting, assigning or receiving proxies and speaking at the meeting. For Proxies and Nomination forms to be valid, both nominator and nominee must be financial at the time of lodging. Attendees must be financial by close of business on Monday15th May. To be recognised as financial, any outstanding payments must be received in the club's bank account.
Election of committee members
The committee recommends that a total of 8 committee members be elected (3 executive members plus 5 ordinary committee members). At the committee meeting after the AGM, the committee elects members to specific positions. If a ballot is required, ballot papers will be sent to all who RSVP-ed. Completed ballot papers are to be to returned by 10pm AEST Sunday 14th May 2023. (If you RSVP after 11 May, you may not receive a ballot paper until 14 May and still need to return it by 10pm.) Results to be announced at the AGM or shortly thereafter.
If you are interested in serving on the committee, you can find out more by contacting the Chairperson or other committee members. Nomination forms are available from the link below and must be returned by 5pm AEST Sunday 7th May 2023. If a ballot is required, you will be advised by Monday 8th May and asked to submit a short candidate statement by Wednesday 10th May which will be included with ballot papers.
At the time of this notice, all current committee members are intending to stand again this year, however some are considering retiring in 2024. To ease the transition we would also like to hear from any members who have the time and skills to serve the club by joining the committee in 2024. Meetings are held approximately monthly by Zoom.
- Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting can be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2023/MinutesAGM2022.pdf
- Proxy Forms may be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2023/ProxyForm2023.pdf
- Nomination Forms may be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2023/NominationForm2023.pdf
- Financial reports (including Auditor's report) can be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2023/FinancialStatements.pdf
- Committee reports can be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2023/CommitteeReports.pdf
Jenny Hughes (Secretary)
C/- ProAcct Advisors & Accountants Pty Ltd
PO Box 166 Heidelberg Vic 3084
Phone: (03) 9880-9600