Notice is given that the 2022 Annual General Meeting of AAC Falls Creek Inc will be held:
DATE: Tuesday, 17 May, 2022
VENUE: via Zoom videoconference and at Royal Brighton Yacht Club (253 St. Kilda Street, Brighton)
TIME: 7:30 pm - Annual General Meeting to commence
RSVP by 8 May 2022 is essential
- Receive and adopt the minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting
- Business arising from the Minutes
- Receive and adopt the Committee's Reports
- Receive and adopt the Profit And Loss Account and Balance Sheet as at 31 December 2021
- Proposed New Annual Subscription & Levy for 2023
- Receive and adopt the Auditor's Report
- Appoint an Auditor for 2022
- Election of the Committee
- A.A.C. Business
- General Business
- Policy on forfeited debentures
Preparation and conduct of the meeting
- The meeting will be kept as succinct as possible. We also need to make voting as uncomplicated as possible, while ensuring that it is done faithfully.
- You are strongly encouraged to send any questions to the Chairperson by the same date. There will be an opportunity to submit some questions on the night but questions with notice will be more manageable with the technology.
- Voting may be a bit laborious. Please be patient if votes need to be counted.
For Zoom attendees
- Please prepare in advance. Install Zoom on your computer, tablet or phone and use Zoom’s facilities to test that your audio and video are working. If you have a headset with microphone, please use it to reduce background noise.
- Please keep your mic muted during the meeting unless the chairman recognises you to speak. The chairman or his assistant may mute you if necessary. We prefer having all cameras active during the meeting but you may be asked to “mute” cameras if there are difficulties.
For in person attendees
- Please wait to be recognised by the chair before you speak. You will need to use a microphone so that you can be clearly heard by zoom attendees.
Election of committee members
The committee recommends that a total of 9 committee members be elected (3 executive members plus 6 ordinary committee members). At the committee meeting after the AGM, the committee elects members to specific positions. If a ballot is required, ballot papers will be sent to you to return by 5pm Friday 13 May 2022.
At the time of this notice, all current committee members are intending to stand again this year, however some are considering retiring in 2023. Therefore the committee wishes to add 2 more members to ease the transition. While learning more about club operations, new committee members would be asked to assist in various administrative tasks and to help with coordination of lodge operations and maintenance. Meetings are held approximately monthly by Zoom. Please consider nominating and helping to keep the club running smoothly.
- Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting can be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2022/MinutesAGM2021.pdf
- Proxy Forms may be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2022/ProxyForm2022.pdf
- Nomination Forms may be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2022/NominationForm2022.pdf
- Financial reports (including Auditor's report) can be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2022/FinancialStatements.pdf
- Committee reports can be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2022/CommitteeReports.pdf
Jenny Hughes (Secretary)
C/- ProAcct Advisors & Accountants Pty Ltd
PO Box 140 BALWYN VIC 3103
Phone: (03) 9880-9600
Fax: (03) 9880-9699