Notice is given that the 2020 Annual General Meeting of AAC Falls Creek Inc will be held:
DATE: Tuesday, 25 August, 2020
VENUE: via Zoom videoconference
TIME: 7:30 pm - Annual General Meeting to commence
RSVP by 20 August 2020 is essential
- Receive and adopt the minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting
- Business arising from the Minutes
- Receive and adopt the Committee's Reports
- Receive and adopt the Profit And Loss Account and Balance Sheet as at 31 December 2019
- Proposed New Annual Subscription for 2020
- Receive and adopt the Auditor's Report
- Appoint an Auditor for 2020
- Election of the Committee
- A.A.C. Business
- General Business
- Life Members
Preparation and conduct of the meeting
- COVID-19 restrictions in Melbourne will not allow a normal AGM to be held by the current deadline. Instead, attendance will be via Zoom videoconference only. This will create some challenges but the committee thinks that these are manageable. Various snowsports clubs and other associations report success with this approach.
- The meeting will be kept as succinct as possible. We also need to make voting as uncomplicated as possible, while ensuring that it is done faithfully.
- You are strongly encouraged to send any questions to the Treasurer by the same date. There will be an opportunity to submit some questions on the night but questions with notice will be more manageable with the technology. (Questions on the night will be via SMS or Zoom chat.)
- If you will be attending the meeting, please prepare in advance. Install Zoom on your computer, tablet or phone and use Zoom’s facilities to test that your audio and video are working. If you have a headset with microphone, please use it to reduce background noise.
- Please keep your mic muted during the meeting unless the chairman recognises you to speak. The chairman or his assistant may mute you if necessary. We prefer having all cameras active during the meeting but you may be asked to “mute” cameras if there are difficulties.
- Voting may be a bit laborious. Please be patient if votes need to be counted.
Motions to be voted on
- That the committee reports be accepted
- That the meeting accept the Financial Statements as recommended by the committee
- That the adult annual subscription rate remain at $370
- That the meeting accept the Auditor’s Report
- That E F McPhail and Partners be appointed as auditor until the next AGM
(our current auditor John Watty will be operating under this name)
- That 4 ordinary committee members are required for the coming year, in addition to the 3 executive members
Election of committee members
The committee recommends that a total of 7 committee members be elected (3 executive members plus 4 ordinary committee members). At the previous meeting 9 were elected but the committee believe that the roles can be consolidated this year. At the committee meeting after the AGM, the committee elects members to specific positions. At the time of this notice, Nigel Cowie and Tony Ryder intend retiring. All other current members are intending to stand again.
- Committee reports can be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2020/CommitteeReports.pdf
- Financial reports (including Auditor's report) can be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2020/FinancialStatements.pdf
- Summary of AAC Falls Creek COVID Response can be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2020/CovidReport.pdf
- Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting can be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2020/MinutesAGM2019.pdf
- Proxy Forms may be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2020/ProxyForm2020.pdf
- Nomination Forms may be downloaded from aacfallscreek.com/pdf/AGM2020/NominationForm2020.pdf
Jenny Hughes (Secretary)
C/- ProAcct Advisors & Accountants Pty Ltd
PO Box 140 BALWYN VIC 3103
Phone: (03) 9880-9600
Fax: (03) 9880-9699