Despite all our best hopes, the recent escalation of the Melbourne and Victorian COVID-19 restrictions, and the decision by the Lift Company not to re-commence operations has prompted the Committee to make the decision to keep the Lodge closed for the remainder of the Winter 2020 Season.

The announcement from the Lift Company released yesterday advised that “Vail Resorts today announced it will not reopen its lift operations at Falls Creek and Hotham for Spring skiing following the Victorian Government announcement of Stage 4 restrictions for Melbourne and Stage 3 restrictions for regional Victoria for six weeks, amidst continuing challenges associated with the spread of COVID-19”.

Naturally this was very disappointing news indeed as we had all hoped that both the snow conditions and the COVID-19 situation would have improved to a point where the 2020 season could recommence in late August and then into September. Alas, it isn’t to be.

Anyone with bookings for the remainder of the Winter season will have their booking cancelled and a full refund provided.

Exactly when the Lodge can open again remains a work in progress and is dependent on many COVID-19 related variables. Rest assured, we are all working to open the Lodge as soon as it is both safe and practical to do so and will continue to update members accordingly.

Please continue to stay safe and well.