Thank you for your patience about when and if the lodge can open this year. We know that many of you are very keen to know when you may be able to enjoy skiing and boarding at Falls Creek. While the committee has spent considerable time preparing for a season, ultimately we have had to wait for government permissions and guidelines.
Both the lift company and resort management have set final dates for requesting refunds on season passes: 18 June for resort entry passes and 19 June for Epic Australia Passes. This update aims to give you information that might help you decide how much you might ski or board this year.
- The lift company has announced that
- There will be no same-day tickets for sale, only pre-purchased tickets
- Multi-day tickets went on sale on 15 June
- Day ticket sales open on 24 June
- Season pass holders wishing to ski from 24 June to 12 July must book a place but cannot do so until 23 June. There is an allocation set aside for season pass holders but these reservations are “limited, and are not guaranteed”.
- At Thredbo, when day tickets went on sale on 11 June, all school holiday dates were sold out within hours. It is impossible to predict if this would happen at Falls Creek.
- We are preparing to open the lodge from 13 July, with a small pilot group of existing bookings in the week prior.
- The committee has been working on a detailed Covid Lodge Management Plan which is a prerequisite for opening. We are awaiting some final guidelines from the Department of Health and Human Services to finalise the plan. If official guidelines are eased, our plan will also be reviewed. We think out approach is cautiously optimistic and are preparing as best we can, given available information.
- THIS SEASON WILL BE LIKE NO OTHER. When the lodge opens, with our current understanding of the regulations, you need to assume
- Bookings will be capped at 20 people
- Access to the dining room will be restricted to ensure 1 person per 4sqm
- Kitchen access will be limited to short allotted times with only 6 people allowed in the kitchen at a time, for any reason. 1.5m spacing will need to be adhered to
- You will not be allowed to have any visitors
- The spa and sauna will be closed
- The games room sporting facilities will be unavailable. There will be restrictions on the use of the drying and ski rooms. The laundry facilities will be unavailable to guests
- You will need to observe social distancing and diligent hygiene and be more involved in cleaning during your stay and prior to departure
- You will need to agree in writing to special conditions before bookings could be confirmed. You would need to complete documents on arrival and departure
- You will be sent home if you or your guests, including children, do not comply with covid conditions
- You would be sent home if you or your guests developed any covid symptoms or if the lodge has to be closed
- There is still a risk that you or your guests could be infected with covid-19
- When the club can open bookings there will be restrictions
- The only bookings accepted will be Monday to Sunday to allow for deep cleaning of the lodge as part of changeover
- Check-in time would be no earlier than 2pm Monday. Check-out time would be no later than 11am Sunday. Luggage could not be stored before check-in or after check-out. No return to the lodge after check-out would be permitted
- No unaccompanied guests
- No sharing of rooms between people who are not partners or do not live together
- The accommodation rate will be unchanged. A 6 night stay will be at the normal 7 night rate
- People with 2-week bookings will need to depart the lodge between 11am Sunday and 2pm Monday
- It is not clear what services will be available on the mountain
- Village shuttle and the road shuttle will not run
- Restrictions on lifts may mean longer queuing times than usual
- The number of lifts may be limited, even if snow is plentiful. (There is no guarantee yet that Eagle will operate)
- Food and beverage outlets will be restricted
- Most mountain businesses will not accept cash
- Ski school may be limited. No lessons for children under 6
The committee will finalise the Covid Lodge Management Plan, advise you further about lodge operation for 2020 and open bookings for those who wish to use the lodge under these stringent conditions. The committee will continue to review the operation of the lodge as Covid restrictions change.
Please think very carefully about whether you, your family and guests are willing to accept these risks and conditions. Please refrain from booking if you are not confident that you can enjoy your stay under these circumstances.