Last Update: 27 November 2021
(Recent changes highlighted)
The lodge will reopen on 1 December. You can make bookings now.
Victoria has now entered Phase D of the COVID roadmap. Everyone* staying at the lodge will need to provide the booking officer with proof of full vaccination or an official exemption.
Details of government requirements for shared accommodation are not yet completely clear. COVID Safe operations for summer at the lodge will continue to be refined.
(* aged 12 years & 2 months or over at time of stay)
While current cleaning requirements are in force
- The manager will clean the lodge at the end of your stay. You should still wipe down surfaces in your bedroom.
- A day will be blocked out for new bookings to allow for end of stay cleaning. In summer our managers have other jobs and cleaning needs to fit in..
- A surcharge will be applied when there are concurrent bookings to cover twice daily touch point cleaning. This will be apportioned on a per bed per night basis
The most important Covid Safe rules in the lodge are:
Keep any eye on the Falls Creek resort website for up to date information about the resort.
The most up-to-date information will be published here. Be sure to check for the latest information. Our full COVID Safe Plan is a rather bulky document that includes much material of little interest to most members and guests. A summary of our COVID Safe Plan more succinctly informs members and guests about how the lodge will operate. These documents are being revised to reflect latest clarifications and new advice. The table below summarises factors that may override the summary.
Key settings from 1 December
|Restictions on who may stay||
|Vaccination Threshold Age||12 years and 2 months|
|Rostering of meal times||Not required|
Bedrooms shared between
To be confirmed
|Masks||Should be carried in case required|
|COVID cleaning surcharge||
Travelling from interstate?
- QR code check-in is mandatory at the lodge and nearly everywhere on the mountain. This will be easiest if you install the Service Victoria app on your smart phone.
- Familiarise yourself with any restrictions in force in Victoria.
- Since 25 November travel permits to enter Victoria are not required. We suggest you check Victorian entry permits that conditions that have not changed before you travel.
- Check the border and quarantine rules for your state (and any states you will transit)